Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC) was established in the year 2014 after completing all procedural formalities and after obtaining permission from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The campus stands in a solitary environment amidst green vegetation, spaced towns and besides circuit house. One takes a walk around the campus to take fresh breath while enjoying the panorama and picturesque that the site offers. Everything combines and converges here to make it a perfect place for learning.
The present campus of the College has an area of about 9 acres of land. The college and all preclinical and para-clinical departments are located in the academic building. The Classrooms, Dissection hall, Laboratories, Museum, Central Library and other facilities are well. This medical college has a well equipped modern academic library known as STAMC Central Library situated at academic building comprises in 4th floor. The library can accommodate over 100 users at a time in its well-furnished reading area. On an average more than 300 doctors/members/teachers/students use this library every day.
- Study Area
STAMC Library is located at the 4th floor of academic building having approximately 0000 sq ft floor space. It is a compact library with built in facilities to provide various services to students, doctors, teachers and researchers.
- Library Manpower
At present 01(One) Assistant Librarian, and 01 (One) Office Assistant (Library) working in the library.
- Library Hours
STAMC Library is open on all working days except during declared public and weekly holidays. Library opening hours for readers are as follows:
|Library reading room service||8:00 am – 09:00 pm||Saturday-Thursday|
|Library lending service||8:15 am – 02:15 pm||Saturday-Thursday|
|Weekly Holiday: Friday|
In addition, the Library may be closed at any time with the prior approval of the Higher Authority when appropriate. Closing procedures begin 30 minutes prior to actual closing time and all patrons are requested to exit the library 30 minutes prior to actual closing time.
- Library Policy
The library invites all members (teachers/students and staff) of Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC) to make use of its facilities and collections. The following Library rules and regulation are instituted to ensure the library to be able to provide the best services possible for all users.
Library Rules and Regulations
- All library materials should be brought (Without reference items) to the Circulation Desk to be checked out.
- Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC) of all respective teachers, staff and students must present a valid STAMC ID card in order to charge materials.
- Reference Book, Journals, Thesis, Research Report and Magazine are not offered for loan but can be used for reading in library after accessioning the register. They have to be returned to the circulation desk.
- Two/Three books can be borrowed only for one month (teaches & staff) and Two books will be borrowed for Two week (students).
- Patrons are responsible for returning materials on or before the due date. Retention of borrowed materials beyond the date on which library materials are due shall result in a fine.
- Patrons can be renewed their materials before due date without incurring any fines.
- Pay Five (05) Tk. per day as fine if you keep the given book more than the deadline.
- Pay the original price + 15% service charge if you lost any library materials.
- A borrower who loses or damages library material shall be required to replace the item. A replacement cost is not acceptable unless the item is not available in the market.
- A member must obtain clearance from the library at the time of receiving his / her course completion certificates or at the event of separation from the college and faculty members and officers obtain clearance from the library at the time of departure / leave his or her job, by returning all books and materials issued against him. He / she should also surrender the library card at that time.
- Computer service has been opened of all library users for academic and research related work after their entry the accession register, one user will be used for one hours.
- A reading place may not be reserved during the reader’s absence inside the library premises.
- Personal possessions should not be allowed in the reference, journal and book stack area.
- Taking foods and drinks are also not allowed inside the library.
- Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, windows etc.
- Smoking in the library premises is strictly prohibited.
- No broadsheets, handbills, newspapers, advertisements, or other materials (other than approved, official notices of the library) be distributed or displayed within the library.
- Members should not be allowed to move books, theses, journals and other materials from their specific area to another area.
- Members should not replace the documents on shelves; the library staff will do the replacement.
- For any emergency contact with library staffs.
- Silence is required throughout the library. Readers should not dissociate the concentration of their fellows by discussion or gossiping.
- Willful misuse of library facilities may result in membership of the library being terminated.
- Users who disturb normal library environment and behave in an offensive manner, will be required to modify their behavior or to leave the library.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Avoid keeping the volumes open on the table face down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Defects found in the books and other materials taken out for use or for borrowing should be brought immediately to the notice of the library staff on duty. Books loaned should be protected from any damage.
- Marking or disfigure with ink or pencil on a book, periodical, CDs / DVD, or any other library materials in any way is forbidden. Any sort of mutilation will cause of replacement.
- Books, periodicals or other reading materials should not be removed from the library premises without being registered at the circulation counter.
- Without members no one allowed inside the library but with special permission for research purpose can be allowed to use the library for a limited period only.
Library Users Policy
Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC) Library is committed to providing an attractive and supportive environment for study and research. We ask you to help us in this effort by keeping the following in mind-
- Be responsible for all materials borrowed (Without reference items) on your STAMC Library ID card and return all materials, including reserve materials, promptly.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable and are subject to withdrawal if abused.
- Exercise care in handling library materials. If you damage an item, you’ll need to pay for its repair or replacement. Examples of damage can include writing or highlighting, food spills, water damage, folding pages, tearing or removing pages, excessive heat or sunlight on media materials.
- Do not attempt repairs yourself. Notify the librarian about damaged materials.
- Maintain pin-drop silence in the library.
Use of Study Area
Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC) library is committed to providing an environment suitable for reading, study, and activities in support of all patrons.
- This library is only for Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College (STAMC).
- Be considerate and respectful of others in the Library.
- Leave study spaces neat and clean and ready for use by other patrons. Take all your belongings with you, put trash in the trash bins provided outside of the library.
- Ringing cell phones are not acceptable. Cell phones must be switched to silent mode. If you need to talk, step outside the library.
- Refrain from any disruptive activity, loud or excessive talking, or behavior that distracts or intimidates other patrons and staff.
- Please keep your conversations to a low level, so as not to disturb other users.
- Respect the quiet study areas. Any political or party group Conversations or other noises are not allowed in these areas.
- Not allow group study in the library room.
- No photography, videotaping, recording, or filming is allowed in the Library without the express permission of library personnel.
Food and Drink
- Food is not permitted in the library.
- Drinks are permitted in spill-proof mugs and pop-up bottles only.
- To ensure a long life for library collections, furnishings, and equipment.
- Take care of your Library.
Collection and Resources
- The library book collection consists of over ….. volumes of books covering the subject areas are health, research, the practice of medicine, related biomedical and allied health care disciplines, clinical and educational needs of its clients. So that documents on the same or related subjects remain together.
- The journal collection consists of 321 volumes of Bound Journals. Up to 21,000 journals (in 30 different languages), up to 69,000 e-books, up to 115 other information resources are now available to health institutions using HINARI, (Health Inter Network Access to Research Initiative) and PERI (Programme for Enhancement of Research Information) web site. Users can download an article of journal but not allowed to download a full journal copy.
iii. Other resources include maps; atlases, CDs/DVDs and audio-visual material are kept in the Journal and Reference Section in the library.
STAMC Library Holdings at a Glance
|Bound Journals||321 Vols.|
|Digital Question Bank||All Prof.|
|Field Work Paper||…..|
Library ID Card Issue Procedures
All students/doctors of STAMC faculty members can be entitled to become Library member. A member needs a library card to study in the reading room and to borrow any books or reading materials from the STAMC Library. To obtain a library card one should take an application form for totally free. The applicant duly filled up the form submit this to the library authorities for permission along with two photographs (01 passport & 01 stamp size) and necessary documents. After verification the authority approved the application.
Validity of Library Card
For Library membership card shall remain validity depend on type of membership.
Reissue of Library Card
If the library card is lost or destroyed for any reason, a new card i.e. duplicate card will be issued after an application and receipt Tk.100.00 as a duplication fee. In this case the user should submit 01(one) copy of passport size & 01(one) copy of stamp size photograph.
All collection of the Library is possible to search by manual sysmtem. Materials are loaned on presentation of member’s valid identification card.
A member must obtain clearance from the library at the time of receiving his / her course completion certificates or at the event of separation from the college and faculty members and officers obtain clearance from the library at the time of departure / leave his or her job, by returning all books and materials issued against him. He / she should also surrender the library card at that time.
The main task of the library is to satisfy its readers by rendering need oriented services. The Library provides various types of services such as: reading, lending, and reference, news clipping on facebook, reader’s guidance, referral services, audio-visual and Internet facilities to all users. Bibliographic and Abstracting Service: Assistance in providing and preparing bibliographies, indexes and abstracts on request.
Library AddressSTAMC Library College building, 4th floor Circuit House Road, Gazipur Sadar, Gazipur, Banglagesh. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org